Sunday, August 15, 2010

Can you even believe it?!

Because honestly I can't myself! (yes I know not to start a sentence with 'because' lol) School is about to begin and I find myself looking forward to it! It will be wonderful to have something worthwhile to occupy my time with! I feel like summer and I have had our fun and now it's time for something serious. This summer has offered me relaxation and rejuvenation but now that's turning into boredom and frustration with the fact that I'm doing nothing with my time. During the semester I have a goal, something to accomplish, and yes, it does suck sometimes but I feel as though I've gotten to a point in my life where laziness is just not fun anymore. Yes I do enjoy my 'me' time where I can do nothing but read but then I like to rejoin the "real world". So yes, I am excited to begin the school year!

Thinking about next semester has also gotten me thinking about how I am at an age and in a position of complete freedom! That's not to say that I don't have my responsibilities but I am unattached; I have no children and no husband with whom I have to coordinate my plans. If I wanted to quit school and backpack across Europe, I could! The possibilities are endless and every door is open to me! (Now don't you worry mom and dad, I'm not quitting school lol ) It's just nice to know that the potential is there. I used to be completely obsessed with finding a boyfriend or someone to whom I could dedicate my time and love but I'm finding myself and feeling complete in and of myself without needing a significant other to complete me :D

A hard lesson has been learned in all my 22 years (almost 23!) and yes it may seem obvious but it took time for me to believe it. I don't have to settle for anyone who is not willing to invest both in me and himself as well as be mature enough to not resent any work he may have to do. I feel as if I've regained my romantic sensibilities and tempered them with a little sense! (Both Marianne AND Elinor!)

Well there's my musings for the night! Hope to hear from me soon!!!! XD lol

No comments:

Post a Comment